We are inspired by St. Francis Xavier to grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ, to educate our minds and souls, and to use faith and reason to guide us as we live our lives.
Since 1922, Saint Francis Xavier School has been operated by Saint Francis Xavier Parish under the direction of the Sacred Heart Fathers. This parish school was started by dedicated Dominican sisters in residence.
The school began with classrooms in the lower church and with the first and second grade in a portable building located behind the church. In 1965, the new school building was opened at 223 Main Street.
Currently, 244 students are taught by a marvelous staff. There is one class at each grade level and we have three pre-school levels for three and four year olds.
The two-story school facility is located approximately one-quarter mile from the church. It houses eleven classrooms and a school library, early children learning center, computer lab, and a multi-purpose kitchen and gymnasium.