We have been pleased to kick-off the 2020-2021 school year welcoming our Preschool through Gr. 8 students back to school full-time, on-site (as long as it is safe to do so), with remote option available for those in need.
Monday, July 6th–We met with our Planning and Implementation Team, which was made up of administrators, teachers, staff, and parents. The members of this team were all instrumental in the development of our reopening plan. Careful consideration of and adherence to local, state, and federal guidelines for everyone’s health and safety were of highest importance.
Friday, July 31st–We shared the details of our Preliminary Plan for Reopening in the fall internally with our enrolled families. Our goal is to safely meet the needs of our families at this time, while maximizing our approaches to the ACADEMICS, CULTURE, OPERATIONS and TALENT of our school community. Families were also surveyed for their desired learning approach for the first 30 days of school.
Monday, Aug 10–Please note: Due to the various reopening guidelines and our need to plan for safe operations in the fall, we have begun a wait list for all our grades. Please refer to our Admissions page and submit an online application to enter into the wait list queue. We will be revisiting our on-site capacity after the first 30 days of school, in light of the health and safety of the community.
Tuesday, Sept 1st–Our First Day of School! We remain committed to the spiritual, academic and social-emotional formation of your child; and to providing a safe and loving environment for all of our students throughout the year. We will be continuously reevaluating the health landscape and adjusting our action plan as is necessary. Thank you, in advance, for your patience and support of our mission!
In a nutshell, we will be following the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) Reopening Guidance,* and parents can expect the following:
- Our students will be seated the recommended 3-6 feet apart.
- All faculty and staff, and students in Grades 2 -8 will be required to wear masks, with mask breaks and outdoor fresh-air time built in.
- Students in preschool through grade 1 will be encouraged to wear masks, though at this time it is optional.
- Accommodations for quality distance learning will be made available for those who necessitate at-home learning, (i.e. students who are immuno-compromised, students who live with people who have underlying medical conditions, or those with personal concerns about on-site learning.) Remote learning in this case will include the possibility of some live-streamed classes.
- We have planned our school schedule carefully and chosen appropriate learning materials and platforms so that classes are able to transition smoothly from on-site to remote learning, should a shift in learning be necessary.
* Please note that the regulations set forth by DESE are subject to change during the school year. STAY SAFE!