We are pleased that St. Francis Xavier School will be able to welcome our students back to school full-time, on-site, to kick-off the 2020-2021 school year!
Monday, July 6th–We met with our Planning and Implementation Team, which was made up of administrators, teachers, staff, and parents. The members of this team were all instrumental in the development of our reopening plan. Careful consideration of and adherence to local, state, and federal guidelines for everyone’s health and safety were of highest importance.
Friday, July 31st–We shared the details of our Preliminary Plan for Reopening in the fall internally with our enrolled families. Our goal is to safely meet the needs of our families at this time, while maximizing our approaches to the ACADEMICS, CULTURE, OPERATIONS and TALENT of our school community.
We remain committed to the spiritual, academic and social-emotional formation of your child; and to providing a safe and loving environment for all of our students in the Fall. We continue to work to put the details of our Fall plan into place, and will be posting our school year calendar soon. Thank you, in advance, for your patience and support of our mission!
Following the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) Reopening Guidance,* parents can expect the following:
- Our students will be seated the recommended 3-6 feet apart.
- All faculty and staff, and students in Grades 2 -8 will be required to wear masks, with mask breaks and outdoor fresh-air time built in.
- Students in preschool through grade 1 will be encouraged to wear masks, though at this time it is optional.
- Accommodations for quality distance learning will be made available for those who necessitate at-home learning, (i.e. students who are immuno-compromised, students who live with people who have underlying medical conditions, or those with personal concerns about on-site learning.) Remote learning in this case will include the possibility of some live-streamed classes.
- We are planning our school schedule carefully and choosing appropriate learning materials and platforms so that classes are able to transition smoothly from on-site to remote learning, should a shift in learning be necessary.
* Please note that the regulations set forth by DESE are subject to change during the summer. STAY SAFE!