Videos, Zoom calls, Google Classrooms and Online Learning are the new reality for our school!
Our teachers (Preschool through Gr. 8) hit the ground running March 17th to adjust their curriculum to distance learning strategies that reinforce old and introduce new content for our students.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate these uncharted territories! The following four areas have become our ‘Compass Points’ for this time away:
- PRAYER–Let’s make PRAYER a priority for our families. Take advantage of the offerings that are being put forth by Fr. Williams and our parish family!
- COMMUNICATION–Open communication is key! Friday e-newsletters will continue to keep our school community connected; teacher Google Sites and Google Classrooms are updated daily.
- FLEXIBILITY–Parent and student responses to a brief survey have helped us with the ongoing evaluation of our current systems and improved them as necessary. Teachers are adjusting their approaches with your feedback.
- SUPPORT–We appreciate the support of our families as we work to maintain the academic mission of our school for ALL students.
CLICK for FREE INTERACTIVE PARENT FORUMS: Register for Interactive Parent Forums being offered by The S.E.A.L. Foundation. Topics include:
* The Social-Emotional Impact of COVID-19
* The Power of Positivity and Optimism
* Self Care, Validation, Creating Routines and How to Communicate with your School
* How to Schedule Your Child’s Day, “Chunking” and Breaking Down Assignments
We are grateful for the efforts of our amazing teachers who will continue providing the best education for your child(ren) to close out the school year remotely. We will keep you informed as decisions are made for the end of the year, including the many events and end of year traditions that will need to be considered and re-created in a special way.
Let us continue to pray for all those directly affected by this virus. God bless us all with health and grace as we journey together, yet apart, in these days ahead. We are all missing each other very much!