Requirements for Volunteers:
The vitality of our school community is greatly supported by the level of family involvement in the educational experience of each child. School events, classroom volunteer opportunities, and field trips will be planned and offered. In order to keep a safe environment for our students, all individuals (parents, grandparents) having contact with students through volunteering at the school or chaperoning any field trip, must complete the CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) process mandated by the Fall River Diocese. Please note all the requirements for the process below.
ALL VOLUNTEERS (Parents, Grandparents)
The following requirements must be met by all PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS before you will be allowed to volunteer at the school or chaperone a field trip:
- Please print and fill out the following form to start the process:
a) Please don’t scan and send your forms. We must have a paper copy of the required CORI form with an original, not photocopied, signature.
b) Please be sure to list your address information for the last ten years.
- Please be sure to also provide a clear photocopy of your government ID (usually a driver’s license) when you turn in the completed CORI form to the school.
- We cannot send your form for processing by the diocese unless you have completed the NEW Safe Environment Training on-line.
- Please print or email the certificate that is generated for you at the end of the training and submit with your completed forms for processing. Training is valid for 6 years.
- Please note: You will e-sign a copy of the current Diocesan Code of Conduct when you do the online training. When the revised version is released we may need you to sign a hard copy at a later date.
- Finally, we will need all adults to please complete and return a paper copy of the Adult Liability Waiver to keep on file for when you do chaperone this year.
The linked forms above will be available in hard copy in the school office.
ALL adult volunteers MUST complete and be current on all the necessary forms, background check, online trainings, as well as present the proper certificates (if completing the online training) to the school in order to be allowed to chaperone a trip or volunteer in the classroom. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to take part in these events because you are not current…act now!
Feel free to call with any questions you may have. Thank you for your cooperation!